Creamy Avocado Pasta
The creamiest vegan pasta you'll ever taste!
- 340 g / 12 oz spaghetti
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to the package. When al dente, drain and set aside.
- To make the avocado sauce, combine avocados, basil, garlic, oil, and lemon juice in food processor. Blend on high until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, avocado sauce, and cherry tomatoes until evenly coated.
- To serve, top with additional cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, or lemon zest.
- Best when fresh. Avocado will oxidize over time so store leftovers in a covered container in refrigerator up to 1 day.
Recipe and photo by Kerrie Doerr from www.plantandvine.com
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!