Creamy Almond Tomato & Carrot Soup
This comforting soup is the ideal simple dinner for a chilly night. Recipe by 365CleanEats.
- 150g Brown Onion, sliced
- 400g Tomato, chopped
- 100g Carrot, sliced
- 1 clove Garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup (80g) Raw Almonds (Soak in hot water for 15-20 minutes. Remove the skin and rinse.)
- 2 cups (480ml) Vegetable stock
- 1 Bay leaf
- Pink salt, Black pepper, and Olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian Parsley (to serve)
1. In a medium pot, sauté onion and garlic with 2 Tbsp olive oil for a few minutes. Add pinch of pink salt and continue to sauté until they become tender.
2. Add carrots. Stirring constantly for a few minutes.
3. Add almonds, tomatoes, vegetable stock, 1 tsp pink salt, and bay leaf. Bring it to a boil. Reduce heat and cover with a lid. Simmer for 30 minutes over a small flame.
4. Remove the bay leaf and transfer everything into a high-speed blender. Blend well until smooth. Add salt & pepper to taste.
5. Serve with chopped Italian parsley and curried quinoa & nuts.
Curried Quinoa & Nuts recipe:
In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, 1/4 cup chopped nuts, (I used almonds & cashews), 2 tsp good quality extra virgin oil, and 1/2 tsp curry powder. Salt to taste.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!