Coconut Crusted Tofu Nuggets with Healthy Sweet & Sour Sauce
These nuggets are gluten free and soaked in coconut milk to really pack all the flavor into them. On the side you have a healthy sweet and sour sauce to bring everything together.
- 2 blocks organic extra firm tofu
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup organic unsweetened coconut flakes
Sweet Sour Sauce:
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp organic ketchup
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp tapioca starch, or arrow root flour
- 3 tbsp water
- Drain tofu completely: Wrap tofu in a tea cloth and place a plate on top. Weigh plate down with heavy items (canned food, cutting boards or anything you have). Let tofu press for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 F/180C. Next mix coconut milk, coconut aminos, and sriracha together in a large bowl.
- Cut your drained tofu into nugget shapes and place in marinade. Set in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- In a flat bowl, mix together panko and coconut flakes.
- Remove nuggets from fridge. Take nuggets out one at a time with a fork then coat in panko mixture.
- Set on a lightly greased parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat until all tofu is used up.
- Place in oven and cook for 30-40 minutes or until nuggets are nice and crispy. Serve with Sweet and Sour Sauce.
- Directions for sauce: Place ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into saucepan and heat until thickened, about 5 minutes.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Hello friends! I've created this blog to share my love for healthy food and inspire people to change the way they eat. See all recipes by Nicolette