Citrus Poppyseed Loaf Cake
This recipe totally delivers! You'll want a big generously sized piece of this beauty - it's irresistible. Recipe by http://www.instagram.com/elleshungry
- 300g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 160g caster sugar
- 2 TBSP poppy seeds
- 120ml canola oil
- 230ml almond milk
- 100ml lemon juice (fresh lemons)
- Zest of 2 lemons (2 TBSP)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven 180C. Line & grease 9×5 loaf tin.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add sugar and poppy seeds, mix with wooden spoon. In separate bowl mix together oil, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour into the loaf tin & place in oven 45-55 min. It should be start to turn golden brown on the edges. Do the toothpick test and once it comes out clean, it’s ready!
- Make icing by mixing the icing sugar and lemon together until it forms a thick icing. Spoon onto the cake once cooled with the back of a spoon.
- Top with frozen berries or you can do poppy seeds and more lemon zest and serve!
- Will keep in air tight container for 2-3 days.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!