Chocolate Chip Cookies
Perfect for a sneaky little snack at any time of day!
- 2/3 cup of vegan butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup of soy milk
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 2/3 cup of caster sugar
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 3 cups of plain flour
- 1/2 – 3/4 block of dark cooking chocolate
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Preheat oven to 190C / 375F
- Mix the wet ingredients (melted butter, soy milk, vanilla and both sugars) in a bowl and set aside
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking soda and salt
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until well combinded (should be quite sticky).
- Roughly chop half a block of the chocolate and add it into the dough
- Roll tablespoon sized balls (or bigger) and set them roughly 5cm apart on a baking tray. Bake for about 15 mins for soft cookies or 20 mins for more crunchy cookies.
Electric ovens will cook faster and sometimes the bottoms will burn without the tops burning so keep an eye on them.
For more fluffy cookies, add more baking soda. For flatter cookies, add less.