Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake
A traditional recipe veganized. So simple to make and absolutely delicious!
Serves 8 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 50 mins
- 200g dark chocolate chopped
- 250g Nuttelex, or other vegan butter
- 1 3/4 cups (300g) brown sugar
- Orgran ‘No egg’ to the equivalent of 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups (200g) sifted plain flour
- 1/4 tsp sifted baking powder
- 1/3 cup (35g) sifted cocoa
- 250g Tofutti ‘Better than cream cheese’ (plain), or other vegan cream cheese
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- Orgran ‘No egg’ to the equivalent of 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 356F.
- In a medium sized saucepan, stir the Nuttelex and chocolate on a very low heat until smooth.
- Take off the heat and whisk through the sugar and ‘No egg’, until all ingredients have combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder and cocoa and whisk until smooth. Pour into a lightly greased 22cm baking tray lined with baking paper and set aside.
- Place the cream cheese, sugar and ‘No egg’ into a food processor and whiz until smooth.
- Using a serving spoon, place spoonfuls of the cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie mixture. Using a butter knife, make swirls through the mixture, bringing up some of the brownie mixture to the top through the cheesecake, and vice versa.
- Bake for 50 minutes and slice to desired size to serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!