Choc Orange Mini Bars with Soy Crisps
If you like the flavour combination of orange and dark chocolate, be sure to make these vegan homemade chocolate mini bars with the added crunchy texture of soy protein crisps. Recipe is based on ElaVegan's 'How to Make Chocolate'.
- 40g/1.4oz (1/4 cup) cacao butter
- 25g/0.88oz (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- rind of one orange
- 1 Tbsp soy protein crisps
- Melt the cacao butter (finely chop it if it’s in big pieces) over a double boiler, stirring often. Once melted, remove it from the heat.
- Stir in the cocoa powder, maple syrup, and orange rind. Whisk until lump-free.
- In a silicone ice tray, pour the chocolate mixture into each cavity filling to about 2/3 of the way. Then add the soy protein crisps to each and top with more of the chocolate mix so that the cavities are now filled.
- Leave to set for several hours in the fridge or 20-30 minutes in the freezer.
- After setting, remove the chocolates from the silicone ice tray and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!