This is a dish I use to loathe when I was little but now I have learned to love - Chilean lentejas. It's a lentil and brown rice risotto/stew sprinkled with nutritional yeast, accompanied by a side of salad. Elias' food journal: http://on.fb.me/1jyMviv
Serves 2 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 45 mins
- 1 1/2 cups brown lentils
- 4 cups vegetable stock (can use GF stock)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- In a pot, bring lentils and broth to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a frying pan, sauté onion and carrot in oil for 3 minutes. Add garlic, paprika, cumin and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Stir the onion mixture into the lentils.
- Add rice and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place in serving bowls, sprinkle with parsley and savory yeast.
You can also add other veggies like zucchini, mushrooms and capsicum.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
long time I do not prepare this delicious food but today I prepare…thank yuo.
Thanks for sharing and we’re glad you enjoyed it.