This is a dish I use to loathe when I was little but now I have learned to love - Chilean lentejas. It's a lentil and brown rice risotto/ stew sprinkled with nutritional yeast with a side of salad. Elias' food journal: http://on.fb.me/1jyMviv
- 1 1/2 cups lentils
- 4 cups vegetable stock (can use gf stock)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1. Bring lentils and broth to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Saute onion and carrot in oil for 3 minutes.
3. Add garlic, paprika, cumin and oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Simmer for 1 minute.
5. Stir the onion mixture into the lentils.
6. Add rice and simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Place in serving bowls, sprinkle with parsley and savory yeast.
You can also add other veggies like zucchini, mushrooms and capsicum.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!