Carrot and Roasted Chickpea Soup ★★★★★1 review
Winter soups are a warm hug for the soul. Good for every meal!
Serves 2 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 45 mins
- 4 medium carrots
- 160g/5.6oz cooked chickpea (if you’re using canned chickpeas remember to drain and wash them well)
- 1 white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 leaves dry sage
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 small red chili pepper finely chopped
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- a small handful parsley
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- Start by preheating the oven at 180C/356F.
- Place the chickpea in a baking tray lined with parchment paper and add 1 crushed clove of garlic, half of the spices, the rosemary and 1/2 Tbsp of oil.
- Roast for about 10/15 minutes or until crispy. Sauté the sliced onion in the rest of the oil with the garlic, the spices and the sage in a medium pot. Then add the chopped carrots and let it cook at a low heat.
- When they’re soft add the water, the salt and put the lid on. Cook for 20 minutes, then take off 3/4 of the soup and blend the rest.
- Add the remaining soup, the roasted chickpeas and the spinach. Serve hot with a drizzle of tahini, parsley and sunflower seeds.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
I had no idea how much of a positive impact it would have on my life and most of all on the planet, and how nourished my body would feel. See all recipes by Francesca