Fluffy and sprinkled with sweet fruit, it’s time for couscous to take its place as a star of the breakfast bowl.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 2 mins | Cooking time: 5 mins
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking wholemeal couscous
- 1 cup fortified plant milk, plus a little extra for serving
- 4 dried apricot halves, chopped
- 3 dates, chopped
- 1 Tbsp pepitas (aka pumpkin seeds)
- A pinch each of powdered nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon
- If you have a microwave:
- Place all the ingredients into a large bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir with a fork and add some extra plant milk if desired.
- If using a stovetop:
- Place the plant milk in a saucepan and bring to a simmer on medium heat.
- Quickly add the couscous, stir and immediately turn the heat off.
- Add the remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Cover and let sit for a few minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed. Then uncover, fluff with a fork and add some extra plant milk if desired.
- Sweeten with date or maple syrup, if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!