Black Lentil and Mushroom Bolognese
This hearty plant based bolognese recipe is the perfect winter warmer. Recipe by Minako of 365CleanEats.
- 1 cup (200g) dry black or green lentils (soak overnight and rinsed)
- 2 large onions
- 1 carrot
- 150-200g mushrooms
- 1 tomato tin or 400g ripe tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) tamari or soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp natural salt
- 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1 vegetable bouillon
- 2 Tbsp. (30ml) olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- Process the onion, carrot, and garlic in the food processor until finely chopped.
- Transfer them to a big pot and sauté with 2Tbsp. olive oil for a few minutes. Add 1 tsp pink salt and continue to sauté until they become tender.
- Process the mushrooms in the food processor until finely chopped.
- Stir the mushrooms and lentils into the pot and continue to sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add tin tomatoes (or chopped fresh tomatoes), tamari, balsamic vinegar, dried herbs, maple syrup, and bay leaves and bring to boil. Heat with medium to low flame for 30 minutes with a lid. Stir it sometimes as to not burnt it.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with your favourite pasta.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!