Black Bean Burrito
Time for a fiesta of flavour, wrapped in a warm tortilla.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1 tsp olive oil (optional)
- 1/4 brown onion, diced
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp Massel salt reduced stock powder dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- Squeeze of lime juice
- 1 wholemeal burrito tortilla
- 1/2 cup lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup tomato, sliced
- 1/2 corn on the cob with kernel cut off
- A dash of hot chilli sauce
- avocado, sliced (optional)
- Prepare the beans as follows or use leftover black beans from last night’s dinner.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and sauté onion for 2-3 minutes or until golden.
- Add garlic and spices, coating the onions.
- Add black beans and stock, and stir to combine.
- Let simmer for 5-6 minutes or until stock is reduced, adding a squeeze of lime juice at the end.
- Warm up your tortilla in a non-stick pan (no oil) for 30 seconds each side. Then on a plate add to your tortilla the black bean mix, lettuce, tomato, corn, chilli sauce and optional avocado, roll up and enjoy.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!