Best Vegan Tofu Feta
Love the taste of feta but need a cruelty-free version? You've come to the right place. Our delicious tasting tofu feta is perfect for crumbling on salads, dakos, pasta, wraps or use in spanakopita. Plus it's easy to make.
Serves 4 | Prep time: 10 mins + marinating time | Cooking time: 0 mins
- 450g/15oz block firm tofu
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast powder
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp iodised salt
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- Press the tofu: Cut the tofu into about 1cm thick slabs and place on a cutting board with either paper towels or a clean kitchen towel. Place the slabs on top, wrap the tofu in the kitchen towel. Place a few heavy books on top for at least an hour to press the tofu in order to extract as much moisture as possible. This is done so that the tofu can then absorb more flavour from the marinade.
- While the tofu is being pressed, make the marinade. Add all marinade ingredients into a shallow dish or container, mix well and set aside.
- Once the tofu has been pressed, cut into cubes and add it to the marinade. Flip and toss the tofu to ensure all cubes are coated well.
- Allow the tofu feta to marinate in the fridge for at least 1 day to absorb the flavours, then it’s ready to use.
Note: The tofu feta can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5-6 days.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!