Berry Good Vegan Muffins
You've got to try these flavoursome, easy-to-make mixed berry muffins. Enjoy as a mid-morning snack with your favourite hot beverage.
Serves 12 | Prep time: 20 mins | Cooking time: 25 mins
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarb soda
- 3/4 cup raw caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries
- In a bowl whisk the soy milk and apple cider vinegar (ACV) then set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200C/392F. Line muffin tray with paper baking cups.
- In another bowl mix all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, bicarb soda, caster sugar, salt)
- Add the oil and vanilla extract into the soy milk and ACV and whisk together.
- Then add the wet mix into the dry in three goes, mixing after each time.
- Fold the berries into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into each muffin cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, depending on your oven, or until golden brown.
- Let the muffins cool on a cooling rack before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!