Berry Good Porridge
This is without doubt one of our favorite breakfast. Oats are a super nutritious wholegrain that helps lower cholesterol re-absorption. A bowl of porridge is a great way to start your day and keep you satisfied until lunch time.
- 1/2 cup traditional whole oats
- 1 cup water
- Mixed berries fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp caster sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup fortified soy milk, or other non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp ground flaxseed (healthy optional extra)
- Boil water then slowly stir in the oats. Bring back to the boil, stir once, then immediately reduce fire to low, cover with lid and let simmer for a few minutes.
- While simmering, put handful of frozen berries in microwave dish and sprinkle with a teaspoon of caster sugar (optional, but yummy), 1 minute should be enough time.
- Cover oats with berries then pour soy milk on top.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Close to two years ago I stumbled upon a documentary called Earthlings. Little did I know that my life was about to change in an instant and my journey to veganisim was born. See all recipes by Monique