Beetroot and Tofu Quiche
This vegan quiche is packed full of goodness with beetroot, red cabbage plus tofu.
Serves 8 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 45 mins
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 shallots chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 500g/17.6oz tofu
- 2 Tbsp plant milk
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 grated peeled raw beetroot
- a handful of vegan cheese, plus more to top
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 sheets vegan puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 175 C (350 F).
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the shallots and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the red cabbage and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until softened.
- Blend the pressed tofu and plant milk in a blender until smooth and creamy and add the turmeric, nutritional yeast and salt and pepper, and blitz until mixed.
- Pour the tofu mixture into the frying pan and grate in the beetroot and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring frequently. Add the vegan cheese.
- Place one puff pastry sheet in the bottom of a 20cm baking dish and use the other puff pastry sheet to fill in the gaps around the side, folding over any excess pastry around the edge of the dish and pour the tofu mixture into the middle of the pastry and spread evenly.
- Grate or slice the vegan cheese on top and bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes until the puff pastry has puffed up and is golden brown around the edges.
- Top with extra vegan cheese.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Hi, I'm Emily, a UK Vegan food blogger now living in Perth, Western Australia. I am a lover of all things healthy, vegan and cruelty free and have been vegan for almost 4 years. See all recipes by Emily