Beetroot & Almond Rice Salad
Pan fried almonds and a bracing lemon dressing make this healthy and filling salad.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (1/3 cup uncooked brown rice)
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 Tbsp almonds
- 1/4 cup grated fresh beetroot
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Iodised salt (optional) and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs, parsley or coriander, to serve
- Start by cooking the rice either in a rice cooker or on the stove. For instructions, please see our Day 2 dinner recipe.
- In the meantime, toast the almonds in a dry pan (keep an eye on them as they burn quickly), then leave to cool.
- Mix all of the salad ingredients together (except the almonds and fresh herbs) and season to taste.
- When the rice is ready fold the spinach leaves through the rice so it wilts when it cools.
- Sprinkle the pan-fried almonds over the top of the spinach rice and garnish with fresh herbs.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!