Banana & Walnut Muffins
Light and fluffy muffins. Swap out the sugar for dates for a natural sweetener.
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine (eg. Nuttelex) melted
- 3/4 cup soft brown sugar
- 1 cup soy milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 tsp egg replacer
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1, 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180 C/356 F. Grease a muffin tin or line with muffin papers.
- Mix together the bananas, margarine, sugar, soy milk and vanilla extract. Combine the egg replacer and water and add this to the mixture.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and walnuts.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Fill the muffin tray and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Close to two years ago I stumbled upon a documentary called Earthlings. Little did I know that my life was about to change in an instant and my journey to veganisim was born. See all recipes by Monique