Asparagus and Swiss Chard Soup
This soup by Teri-Ann Carty is easy to make and given the proper seasoning its gloriously delicious
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 russet potato diced
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 8c chopped Swiss chard
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 5 cups veg stock
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 avocado
- Heat a large pot over medium high heat and add olive oil. Add in onion and chilli flakes and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauce until fragrant. Add in potato and season with salt and pepper. Cut asparagus in 1 inch pieces and add into pot. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add-in stock and bring to boil. Once boiled, reduce and cook on medium-low for 15 minutes. Add in chopped Swiss chard and water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once Swiss chard is wilted and veggies are cooked turn off heat. Add soup to blender in 2 batches. Add in half the 1/4 of avocado in each batch. Blend still smooth.
- Complete the blending, season one last time and add to bowls to enjoy!