African Peanut Stew
This is one of my favorite recipes that I have brought to you, because it screams easy, affordable, and accessible.
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 inch knob of fresh ginger, chopped
- 10 oz. plum tomatoes
- 15 oz. tofu, cubed
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 heaping cup chopped dinosaur kale
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Lime, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss tomatoes in a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt on a baking sheet. Roast for 12 min. until blistered and soft. Add to a blender, along with onion, garlic, ginger, and a tbsp of water. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large stockpot, heat a tsp of oil. Add cubed tofu and cook for 5-6 min. until slightly crispy and golden brown. Pour in tomato mixture. Add salt, paprika, cumin, and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 8 min.
- Add in peanut butter and vegetable broth. Season with salt if needed. Simmer for an additional 8 min. Stir in kale and chopped cilantro.
- Serve with brown rice. Sprinkle on chopped cilantro and garnish with lime.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Hey there! My name is Taavi Moore and I am a dietetics student in Seattle. See all recipes by Taavi