Zucchini, Corn and Mint Fritters
These are perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Whether you need a snack on the go or packing a lunch. These are my go to for school lunches at the moment. Maddie's food journal: http://on.fb.me/1vyGesd
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 ear of corn, kernels removed
- Small handful of mint, chopped finely
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2/3 cup of plain flour
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- Grate the zucchini and place into a strainer. Sprinkle with salt and let sit for an hour then squeeze as much moisture out of the zucchini as you can.
- Place the zucchini in a bowl with the fresh corn, mint, garlic, flour and a little pepper. Mix well with your hands until you can form balls in your hands. It will seem a little dry at first so keep mixing the flour through the zucchini until it binds.
- Heat a little oil in a non stock frying pan. Roll the mix into balls then place in the frying pan and flatten them a little. Cook on a medium heat for 3-5 mind each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with fresh chopped mint and your choice of sauce. I like cashew sour cream and sweet chilli with mine.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!