Vegan Tahini Rolls
Tahini Roll recipe that is low sugar, vegan and much easier to make than traditional Turkish Tahini Rolls.
- 2 3/4 cups white whole wheat, all purpose flour or GF all purpose flour (330 g)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (84 g)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp active yeast (1 packet)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (180 g)
- 2 tbsp any oil (I used avocado oil) (28 g)
- 3 tbsp tahini or other drippy nut/seed butter (42 g)
- 1/4 cup brown or coconut sugar (48 g)
- Make the dough: Whisk together flour, salt, yeast in a large bowl. Combine milk, oil, syrup in a microwave dish or stove top. Heat until it’s warm to touch. Pour warm mixture into the dry ingredients, stir until it forms a soft dough.
- On a floured surface knead the dough for a few minutes. Place in a greased bowl, cover loosely and let it rest about 10 minutes.
- Make the rolls: Roll the dough out in a rectangle (about 16×8), drizzle the tahini and sprinkle the brown sugar. Roll up the dough and cut into 16 rolls.
- Arrange in a greased pan (mine was 15×7). Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let the rolls rise in a warm draft-free environment for about an hour (I just stick mine in the oven with the oven light on for warmth).
- They will get much bigger and fill up the dish.
- Bake the rolls: Preheat the oven to 375F and bake for 25 or so minutes until the rolls are nicely browned. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Hi I’m Elif! I’m a Harvard PhD in computer science and a Google software engineer by day, food blogger by night. See all recipes by Elif