Vegan Strawberries and Cream Cake 1 review
Fluffy, moist, and tender, this 11-ingredient vegan strawberries and cream cake is rich and decadent, but doesn't contain eggs, dairy, or added oils!
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp raw cane sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1 cup soy milk
- 4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 450g strawberries, sliced
Coconut Whipped Cream:
- 1 14oz can coconut cream, chilled
- 1 tbsp organic icing sugar (more if desired)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Chill a large mixing bowl and beaters in the fridge while you prepare the cake. (This is for the coconut whipped cream.)
- Combine vinegar with soy milk and set aside to curdle.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a cake pan and set aside.
- Sift together flour, corn starch, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine cashew butter, soy milk/vinegar mixture and vanilla.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry and mix until combined. Pour into cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes for an 8″ pan, or 20-25 minutes for a 9″ pan, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then gently remove the cake from the pan and place the cake on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- While the cake is cooling, make the coconut whipped cream. Take the coconut cream, chilled bowl and beaters out of the fridge.
- Scoop the top layer of thickened coconut cream out of the can and into the chilled bowl, leaving any liquid behind. Reserve the liquid for smoothies or another recipe.
- Beat the coconut cream with a mixer for a couple minutes, until creamy and light peaks form. Add sugar and vanilla and beat for another minute. Chill in the fridge until ready to use.
- Once the cake is cooled, use a serrated knife to cut the cake in half so you have two layers of cake. Frost bottom layer with coconut whipped cream, layer on strawberry slices, and finish with another layer of coconut whipped cream.
- Frost the top of the cake with the remaining coconut whipped cream and strawberries. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Hello friends! Welcome to Ellie Likes Cooking. I’m so happy you stumbled upon my little creative space on the internet See all recipes by Ellie
Need a substitute for cashew butter. Terrible allergy to nuts. Any suggestion?
Hi Frances, you could try a vegan butter like Nuttelex Buttery (Australian brand). There’s also Earth Balance. Not sure what country you’re in but if you search online for ‘vegan butter’ you’ll find options closest to you :)