Vegan Shrimp Fried Rice
Shrimp Fried Rice is a classic takeaway option. Try your own veganized version with The Yummy Vegan's incredible recipe!
- 4 cups of cooked Jasmine Rice
- 1 package Vegan Shrimp
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- Large Knob of fresh Ginger (about 1 1/2 Tbsp)
- 2 Green Onions sliced
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen Peas & Carrots
- 1/2 bottle of Just Egg (or equivalent of Other Vegan Egg substitutes)
- 1 cup of Bean Sprouts
- 2 Tbsp of Light Tamari
- 1 tsp of Rice Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Toasted Sesame Oil, for sautéing
1. Sauté the finely chopped Ginger and Garlic in the Toasted Sesame Oil for a few minutes.
2. Add in the Shrimp that has been sliced in half lengthwise and then again in half.
3. Sauté the mix for about 5-10 minutes on med – low heat and add in the whites of the Green Onions and continue to cook for a few minutes. Set aside.
4. Scramble the Just Egg and set aside.
5. In the same pan, add in the Cooked Rice and 1 Tbsp of the Tamari and heat through on med-low heat.
6. Add the Shrimp mixture and thawed Veggies and mix well.
7. Add in the scrambled Just Egg, additional Tbsp of Tamari and Rice Vinegar and mix well
8. Lastly, add in the Bean Sprouts and heat the entire mixture. Scrape up any of the rice that has stuck to the pan. Season with Salt & Pepper and garnish with the Greens from the Green Onions.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Simple and delicious! This was amazing
So glad you enjoyed it.