Vegan Scrambled Eggs
Potatoes, carrots, firm tofu and kala namak (black salt) are the key ingredients for this mouthwatering vegan scramble by Tully.
Serves 2-4 | Prep time: 25 mins | Cooking time: 5 mins
- 3 carrots (approx 300g, and no need to peel, but take off the green butt)
- 2 medium potatoes (about 250g and peeled)
- 1/3 cup mild olive oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp black salt (Kala Namak)*
Vegan Egg White
- 200g firm tofu
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Black salt to taste
- Pinch of pepper
- Roughly chop the carrots and potatoes, and boil until soft.
- Drain, and let them cool.
- Once cooled, transfer them to a blender, along with black salt, and olive oil.
- Blend until silky smooth. The consistency should be like hollandaise sauce. Ladies and gentlemen, this is your vegan egg yolk.*
Make the Vegan Scramble
- Crumble the tofu using your hands or grate it. It’s ok to have small lumps (not too big).
- Heat up the oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Add the tofu and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat while stirring occasionally.
- Add the ‘yolk’ as required, black salt to taste, and cook until everything is mixed well.
- Add almond milk to make it creamier and runnier and cook for 1-2 minutes or until everything is heated through.
- Enjoy hot.
Note: *Must use black salt i.e. Kala Namak (it’s the key to the flavour). Kala Namak is easily available in Indian grocery stores and most major supermarkets.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
My name is Tully, the creator of @tullyzkitchen. I turned vegan in 2017 after watching the documentary 'What The Health' and ironically my decision was not for health at all. It was compassion for animals. At the time my partner and I chose to go vegan, the challenge was to bridge a gap between our lifestyle choices when we visited family and friends. All of a sudden, we were the couple with a bread roll and plain pasta sitting at the end of the table.
See all recipes by Tully