Vegan Pulled BBQ Carrots
These Vegan Pulled BBQ Carrots are so delicious and the perfect vegan barbecue dish!
- 3 large carrots shredded or spiralized
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- Homemade Sugar-Free BBQ Sauce or other BBQ sauce of choice, but this one is amazing!
- Preheat the oven to 385°F/190 C and line a baking pan with parchment paper. If you don’t have parchment paper you can line it with lightly oiled aluminum foil or lightly grease the bottom of the pan to avoid sticking.
- Shred the carrots with the shredder attachment of your food processor or with a box or hand held grater.
- Thinly slice the onion.
- Put the carrots and onion in the baking pan and drizzle the olive oil over them. Toss well to coat and then spread them evenly in the pan. Sprinkle ground sea salt and ground pepper evenly over the top.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and roast for twenty minutes (shake the pan every ten minutes to ensure even roasting), remove the foil and roast for ten more minutes. The carrots and onions should be nice and soft, and lightly caramelized.
- Once carrots and onions are cooked, remove from oven, and toss with BBQ Sauce in a mixing bowl.
- Serve on a bun with desired fixings!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
I'm Annie! I'm a weight-loss expert with a PhD in Nutrition! I love creating and sharing simple, plant-based, budget-friendly recipes that are quick and easy to prepare. See all recipes by Annie