Vegan Peanut Butter Curry Sauce with Crispy Tofu and Rice
A 10-ingredient peanut butter curry sauce with crispy baked tofu and cooked brown rice. Spicy, creamy, and perfect for incorporating into your weekly meal prep.
For the Curry Sauce:
- 1 15-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 3–4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2-inch chunk of ginger, peeled
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- pinch of cayenne, optional (depending on how hot your curry powder is)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- the juice of 1 lime
For the Bowls:
- cooked rice
- crispy baked tofu
- chopped cilantro
- lime wedges
- Start cooking your rice and tofu. See notes for quick baked tofu recipe.
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients for the sauce except the lime juice. Blend on high until completely smooth.
- Pour the sauce into a large pot (it might splatter while it cooks, so use a larger pot than you think you’ll need) and turn to medium-high heat. Once it starts to bubble, reduce the heat to low and simmer gently while the tofu and rice cook, about 20-30 minutes. Just before serving, turn off the heat and add lime juice and salt to taste.
- Divide the rice and tofu into bowls and top with lots of sauce, fresh cilantro, and lime wedges.
- Store leftover sauce for a week in the fridge or a month or two in the freezer.
To make crispy baked tofu, cut a block of extra firm tofu into cubes, spray or brush lightly with oil, season with a little salt and pepper, and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, flipping halfway.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Hi there! I'm Jillian and I have a passion for plants. See all recipes by Jillian