Vegan One Bowl Brownies
One-bowl Vegan Brownies made with 6 simple ingredients. Low-sugar and whole-grain!
Serves 10 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil (45g)
- 5 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk (75g)
- 6 Tbsp maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener*) (126g)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (48g)
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat or all purpose flour (90g)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp semisweet vegan chocolate chips (minis work best) (90g)
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F and line an 8×8in baking pan with parchment.
- In a large bowl melt coconut oil (I use microwave) and add nut milk, maple syrup, vanilla and mix. (If your coconut oil hardens at this point because of cold syrup or milk, microwave gently to make it liquid again).
- Add cocoa powder (sift it in if it’s too clumpy) and blend until all is incorporated.
- Add flour, make a well in the center and add baking soda and salt. Gently mix into flour (you don’t have to be perfect) before mixing the dry mixture in.
- Mix until all of the dry mixture is incorporated and a smooth brownie batter is formed.
- Fold in chocolate chips (save some for topping if you want).
- With a spatula, push the batter around to fill all the way to the edges.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, 15 minutes create the fudgiest brownies, 20 will create a cake-ier texture. Let brownies cool completely and ideally in the fridge overnight before slicing.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Hi I’m Elif! I’m a Harvard PhD in computer science and a Google software engineer by day, food blogger by night. See all recipes by Elif