Have a taste of Mexico with these easy to prepare vegan nachos.
- 100 grams vegan mince (store bought or 1/3 cup textured vegetable protein)
- 1 pack corn chips
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado + lime juice (one wedge)
- 2 cups vegan cheese sauce (make your own, see recipe below, or use store bought eg: The Alternative Dairy Co)
- Handful spring onion, chopped
- Mince: (a) If using the store bought vegan mince add it in a pan with 400ml water. Mix and stir, cooking for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. (b) If using TVP for the mince, rehydrate with the same amount of boiled water as the TVP (use 1:1 ratio), dissolve half a vegetable stock cube and any other seasonings of your choice, stir well and leave for about 10 minutes. Heat a little oil in a pan and sauté the mince for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- If using store bought vegan cheese sauce heat it in the microwave or follow the recipe below to make your own.
- Make your guacamole by mashing the avocado and season with the lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble your nacho bowls by adding corn chips, the cooked mince, salsa, cheese sauce, cherry tomatoes and the guacamole. Sprinkle with spring onions and serve.
VEGAN CHEESE SAUCE by Vegan Easy
Makes 2 cups
- 2 cups soy milk
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp plain flour
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a pot on medium-to-high.
- Once the oil heats up, stir in the flour, and stir continuously.
- Add in the soy milk and continue stirring briskly. Can use a hand whisk to help prevent any lumps from forming.
- Keep stirring for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Once it has reached the desired creamy consistency, remove from the heat and stir in the Dijon mustard, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
I'm Eden. I'm an Australian food blogger from Sydney but now living in the cold Snowy Mountains of Australia. I've been vegan for 6 years and I love creating really delicious but simple recipes. I hope to inspire others with my easy to follow recipes and show them how fun eating vegan and plant-based can be. See all recipes by Eden