Vegan Miso Tofu Bowl
This dish is full of umami flavour with the tofu tossed in a delicious miso marinade accompanied by fresh veggies and brown rice.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 60g/2.1oz (1/3 cup) brown rice
- 200g/7oz firm tofu
- 100g/3.5oz silverbeet (chard) or other green leafy vegetable (large couple of handfuls)
- 50g/1.8oz carrot, julienned or grated (1 small-med size)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Optional: a squeeze of lemon juice, finely chopped spring onion, to serve
- 1 Tbsp miso paste
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp of water
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions.
- Preheat oven to 180C/355F.
- Cut the tofu into 1cm (approx. 1/3 in) thick slabs.
- In a shallow bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients then coat each tofu slab in the marinade. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, flipping the tofu halfway through.
- Roughly chop the silverbeet, julienne or grate the carrot.
- Preheat a pan on medium-high heat then add about half a tablespoon of water and sauté the silver beet for about a minute until wilted.
- Once everything is ready, assemble your bowl then drizzle sesame oil and lemon juice on top, and garnish with some spring onion.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!