Vegan Lamington Bounty Balls
A fun and delightful merging of two favourites, bounty bars and lamingtons!
Serves 8-9 balls | Prep time: 15 mins + freezing time | Cooking time: 5 mins
- 100g/3.5oz shredded or desiccated coconut
- 60g/2.1oz icing/powdered sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 70g/2.5oz coconut cream*
- 100g/3.5oz vegan cooking chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Raspberry jam
- Food processor
- In a food processor, add the desiccated coconut, icing sugar, and pinch of salt. Blend to combine the dry ingredients. Then add the coconut cream and vanilla. Blend until a dough forms, scraping down sides as needed.
- Using your hands form 2/3 of a ball about 3-4cm (1.5in) in diameter, pack the dough firmly and pat into shape. The mixture will be sticky. Press your finger in the center then fill the indent with about 1/4 teaspoon of jam.
- Add more of the coconut mixture to cover the jam and pat into a ball shape. Repeat until all the dough has been used. Place all the balls on a plate or tray and freeze for 45 minutes.
- After freezing, melt the chocolate with the coconut oil over a bain-marie/double boiler.
- Coat each ball with the melted chocolate, sprinkle with some desiccated coconut then freeze again for about 15 minutes.
- Serve after freezing or store in refrigerator to enjoy later.
Note: *Place a can of full cream coconut milk in the fridge the night before and use the part towards the top of the can for the cream.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!