Vegan Katsu Sandwiches
Onigirazu is a type of Japanese rice ball or onigiri (sometimes also referred to as musubi or musubi), but rather than a traditionally shaped ball or a triangle, onigirazu is shaped into a flat rectangle, almost like a sandwich.
- 4 tbsp cooked sushi rice
- a big size leaf of spinach
- an asparagus
- some red pepper, like 2 thumbnail sizes
- some cucumber, like 2 thumbnail sizes
- a tbsp grated carrot
- crispy fried tofu with soy sauce
- a pinch of chia seeds and sesame seeds
- nori seaweed
- Ingredients for the sauce:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- Mix the rice with the chia seeds and sesame seeds.
- Put 2 tbsp of this rice mix on top of the nori seaweed.
- Add asparagus, red pepper, cucumber, carrot, add the tofu and top it with the spinach, finish it all with 2 more tbsp of the rice mix and close the sandwich.
- To close the sandwich simply pull the opposite corners to the centre.
- For the sauce, mix the soy sauce and peanut butter and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Hi everyone! I am Belinda! At the moment I live in Spain, I started the blog when I was living in London as a way to start a healthy vegan lifestyle, taking care of the foods that I eat and knowing whats in my plate. Eating this way has allowed me to have more energy, to be inspired for the food that I eat and to inspire others to eat healthy and enjoy the incredible foods that we have available to nourish our bodies and having fun cooking them. See all recipes by Belinda