Vegan Cauliflower Tacos
These vegan BBQ cauliflower tacos are really fulfilling, a bit sweet because of the sauce, fresh and the cauliflower is so delicious it works really well with the vegan cheese, love how these tacos taste.
- 2 medium size cauliflower or a big size cauliflower
- 3 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp meat spices
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- a tsp lemon
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- some chopped chives
for the tacos:
- 100g salad leaves
- 8 taco shells
- a sliced avocado
- red and orange sweet mini peppers chopped
- some chopped red onion
- some chives
- Start by chopping the cauliflower and clean it well. Pour the ingredients for the cauliflower sauce into a food processor and blend them until smooth.
- Incorporate the cauliflower to the baking tray and pour the sauce over the cauliflower, give it a good stir and bake it at 200ºC for around 30 minutes.
- Basically, you want to cook slow and really well the cauliflower to make sure that it gets all the flavors from the sauce and also the texture should be soft but not crunchy.
- To make the cheese sauce, simply blend all the ingredients listed for the vegan cheese sauce and make sure that the texture is even, adjust salt and pepper if needed, then mix it with some chopped chives.
- To serve the cauliflower BBQ tacos, warm up the taco shells, then pour in each taco salad leaves, around 3 tablespoons of BBQ cauliflower, some red onion, some avocado, a tablespoon of vegan cheese and top it all with chives and sweet pepper.
- You will make 8 BBQ cauliflower tacos, I hope you like them!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Hi everyone! I am Belinda! At the moment I live in Spain, I started the blog when I was living in London as a way to start a healthy vegan lifestyle, taking care of the foods that I eat and knowing whats in my plate. Eating this way has allowed me to have more energy, to be inspired for the food that I eat and to inspire others to eat healthy and enjoy the incredible foods that we have available to nourish our bodies and having fun cooking them. See all recipes by Belinda