Vegan Black Forest Cupcakes
Black Forest Cake is an absolute classic. Try The V World's veganized recipe for these Black Forest Cupcakes!
Serves 8 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins
- 200g/7oz of 70% vegan dark chocolate
- 180g/6.3oz all-purpose flour (or pre-mixed gluten-free flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200ml/6.8oz coconut milk
- 100g/3.5oz applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cherry jam
- Vegan whipped cream (such as Soya Too!)
- 8 fresh cherries
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/356F. In one bowl, sift and mix the flour and baking powder. In a second bowl, melt the dark chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Whisk in the melted coconut oil, applesauce, vanilla, and coconut milk into your melted dark chocolate till smooth.
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the liquid mixture until a homogeneous and very smooth batter is obtained. Fill lined cupcake moulds till 3/4 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until cooked.
- Allow to cool thoroughly.
- When the cupcakes have cooled, dig a small well in the center using a small spoon or a melon baller.
- Fill each hole with a generous teaspoon of cherry jam, or cherry jelly (preferably homemade).
- Fill a piping bag with the vegan whipped cream and decorate them. Decorate with a fresh cherry on top and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!