Vegan Black Forest Cupcakes
Black Forest Cake is an absolute classic. Try The V World's veganized recipe for these Black Forest Cupcakes!
- 200 g of 70% Dark Chocolate
- 180 g of All-purpose flour (or pre-mixed gluten-free flour)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 200 ml Coconut Milk
- 100 g of Applesauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 tbsp melted Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Cherry Jam
- Vegan Whipped Cream (such as Soya Too!)
- 8 cherries, fresh
- Preheat your oven to 180 ° C. In one bowl, sift and mix the flour and baking powder. In a second bowl, melt the dark chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Whisk in the melted coconut oil, applesauce, vanilla, and coconut milk into your melted dark chocolate till smooth.
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the liquid mixture until a homogeneous and very smooth batter is obtained. Fill lined cupcake moulds till 3/4 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until cooked.
- Allow to cool thoroughly.
- When the cupcakes are cooked and cooled, dig a small well in the center using a small spoon or a melon baller.
- Fill each hole with a generous teaspoon of cherry jam, or cherry jelly (preferably homemade).
- Fill a piping bag with Vegan Whipped Cream and decorate them. Decorate with a fresh cherry and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!