Vegan Bibimbap with Bulogi Mince
Bibimbap means “mixed rice” in Korean and is a dish traditionally made from leftover vegetables, rice, and protein with the addition of Gochujang paste - a Korean fermented red chilli paste.
- 50g plant-based mince ( I used @flexiblefoodsau original )
- 4 Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 350ml mushroom/vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Red pepper sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Gochujang paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Carrot, Cucumber, Kimchi, 2 cups cooked rice, sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the bulgogi marinade.
- In a pan on medium heat, add the mince, mushroom and marinade
- Bring to a boil and then reduce down to a simmer for 6-8 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed by the mince & mushrooms
- In the meantime, mix together the ingredients for the Red Pepper sauce until smooth
- Assembly: start with a base of rice, then top with the vegetables, kimchi, mince and finally a drizzle of the sauce. Enjoy warm!
A bit about me – I am an Australian food blogger, recipe developer with passion for health & fitness. See all recipes by Michelle