Tomato, Cucumber, Kale Tempeh Salad with Lemon Tahini
A deliciously flavourful tempeh salad, power-packed with nutrition in a refreshing lemon tahini dressing.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 12 mins
- 150g/5.3oz tempeh (a heaped cup, cubed)
- 1/4 vegetable stock cube (low sodium)
- 150g/5.3oz kale (4 cups, roughly chopped) (we used Tuscan kale)
- 150g/5.3oz cherry tomatoes (1 cup, halved)
- 150g/5.3oz cucumber (1 heaped cup, sliced)
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 15g/0.5oz (1 Tbsp) tahini
- 15ml/0.5oz (1 Tbsp) fresh lemon juice
- 15ml/0.5oz (1 Tbsp) cold water
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- Optional: iodised salt, to taste
- Dissolve a quarter stock cube in 2 tablespoons of boiled water. Cube the tempeh, place in a shallow bowl and marinate in the stock water for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop kale, slice tomatoes and cucumber.
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat add the tempeh with remaining marinade and cook for about 7-8 minutes, until all sides are lightly browned.
- Add the kale. Stir and cook for another 3-4 minutes until wilted. Remove from heat and allow to cool a little.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and thoroughly mix with a spoon. If a more liquid consistency is desired add a little more water.
- In a large serving bowl, add all ingredients and toss ensuring everything is coated with the tahini dressing. Time to eat!
Macros – Carb: 15g Fat: 17g Prot: 37g Calories: 363
This recipe is part of the 7-day Wellbeing meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!