The liquid tofu works just like whisked eggs in this fast and tasty frittata.
- 1/2 cup potato, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup butternut pumpkin, cut into chunks
- 1/2 a small onion
- 1 tsp olive oil (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1/2 cup of asparagus, cut into thirds
- 180g/6.35oz silken tofu
- 2/3 cup of water
- 2 tsp savoury yeast flakes
- 1/2 tsp mild paprika
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp of Tofutti sour ‘cream’ or cream ‘cheese’ (optional)
- Sprinkle of fresh chives, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, steamed
- Fry potatoes and pumpkin in oil until golden brown, then garlic and dried herbs. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the asparagus to the pan and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, then place the vegetable mixture into a 20cm spring-form cake tin.
- Place tofu (it is important to use silken tofu so that it blends into a smooth mixture), yeast flakes, paprika, mustard and tofutti in a blender (or food processor), and blend until smooth. Then stir through the fresh chives.
- Pour the tofu mixture over the vegetables and smooth with a knife.
- Bake in a medium hot oven for 30-40 minutes. Serve with steamed broccoli.