The liquid tofu works just like whisked eggs in this fast and tasty frittata.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 50 mins
- 1/2 cup potato, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup butternut pumpkin, cut into chunks
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1/2 cup asparagus, cut into thirds
- 180g/6.35oz silken tofu
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 tsp mild paprika
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp vegan sour cream (or can use vegan cream)
- Sprinkle of fresh chives, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, steamed
- In a pan, fry potatoes and pumpkin in oil until golden brown, then add garlic and dried herbs. Season to your taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the asparagus to the pan and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, then place the vegetable mixture into a 20cm spring-form cake tin.
- Place tofu (it is important to use silken tofu so that it blends into a smooth mixture), nutritional yeast flakes, paprika, mustard and vegan sour cream in a blender (or food processor), and blend until smooth. Then stir through the fresh chives.
- Pour the tofu mixture over the vegetables and smooth with a knife.
- Bake in a medium-hot (190C/374F) oven for 30-40 minutes. Serve with steamed broccoli.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Did mine with kale as well and added a little salt once served. It was delicious! 😋