Marinated Tofu with Coriander Rice & Broccolini
Tasty marinated tofu with fragrant coriander rice - just what you need for your next meal!
Serves 2 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins
- 2/3 cup uncooked brown rice
- 250g firm tofu, cubed
- Half a red capsicum, diced
- 1 bunch broccolini
- A handful of coriander
- Lemon juice, to serve (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Tamari sauce
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 spring onion stalks, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- Cook the brown rice as per packet instructions.
- Cube the tofu and place in a shallow bowl. Mix the marinade ingredients then pour on top of the tofu to marinate for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, steam the broccolini and dice the capsicum.
- On medium heat, add the marinaded tofu including the spring onion to a preheated non-stick pan. Set aside the remaining marinade sauce, you will use this later.
- Cook the tofu for about 5 minutes then add the capsicum and stir fry for another 5 minutes until tofu is golden brown.
- Finely chop the coriander. Once the rice is ready, mix the coriander through the rice.
- Next, assemble the bowls. Arrange the rice, tofu mix and broccolini in each bowl then drizzle with the remaining marinade sauce.
- Squeeze some lemon juice on top, then serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
LunchDinnerAsianGluten FreeLow Fat