The Godmother Pizza
A vegan take on the Godfather pizza with a rich melty mozzarella cheese!
- 1 spelt pizza base
- 200g / 7oz brown mushrooms
- 75g / 2.6oz tomato paste/pizza sauce
- 1 Tbsp garlic
- 100g / 3.5oz Kalamata Olives
- 50g / 1.75oz Nutritional yeast
- 50g / 1.7oz parsley
- 1/4 avocado
- Chopped spring onions to serve
Vegan Mozzarella (100g / 3.5oz needed for pizza)
- 1/3 cup cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1 cup water
- 2.5 Tbsp tapioca flour (or tapioca starch)
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast powder
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp tahini (optional)
1.Preheat the oven to 180 C / 356F
2. Spread the tomatoes paste/pizza sauce and garlic
3. Add toppings to your liking keeping mushrooms thinly sliced
4. Dollop the mozzarella sauce* on top of all the ingredients and sprinkle with Nutritional yeast.
5. Cook the pizza on an oven proof tray for 10 mins approximately until all cheese is melted.
6. Serve with avocado, chopped parsley and spring onion.
*Vegan Mozzarella Method
1. Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until liquid form.
2. Heat a saucepan over medium heat then add mixture to the pan.
3. Stir continuously until mixture thickens. Should take about 2 to 3 minutes total.
4. To be used straight away on pizza or store in a container in the fridge for up to a week.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Super yum… but the texture of the cheese was a little strange so I’d probably put less on next time :)