The Best Earl Grey and Vanilla Bundt Cake
A beautifully elegant Earl Grey & Vanilla cake to have with your next cuppa!
- 5 tsp Earl Grey Tea (I used Twinings Loose Leaf)
- 1 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Plant Milk (I used So Delicious Coconut Milk)
- 2 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Non-dairy Butter, cut into 12 pieces (I used Country Crock Plant Butter)
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Sugar, for dusting (optional)
- In a small saucepan, bring plant milk to a simmer. Add tea and stir. Cover and allow to steep for 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes have elapsed, strain tea through a mesh strainer into a large bowl. Press the tea leaves with a rubber spatula to get all of the tea out of them.
- Add the non-dairy butter to the hot tea mixture and set aside to allow butter to melt and to allow the mixture to cool a bit.
- Meanwhile, grease and flour your Bundt pan, making sure to get into all the crevices. This is important for getting the cake out of the pan, so take your time.
- Pre heat oven to 350F/180C.
- Now mix the batter: Into a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine with a whisk.
- Into the bowl with the tea and butter, add sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Add the flour mixture into the wet mixture and whisk until everything is combined. About 15 seconds.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared Bundt pan and level it out with a spatula.
- Bake in a 350F/180C oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the Bundt comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for at least 1 hour before flipping the Bundt cake onto a platter or cake stand.
- Cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar and serving.
Megan’s Earl Grey & Vanilla Bundt Cake
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
I'm Megan. I'm a professionally trained pastry chef, recipe developer, outdoor enthusiast and animal lover. See all recipes by Megan