Thai Basil Fried Rice
Fragrant Thai Basil Fried Rice is always a winner! Recipe by Woon Heng.
- 1 cup Organic Jasmine Rice (yields 3 cups of cooked rice)
- 4oz firm tofu, cubed & pan-fried until golden brown
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced bamboo shoots
- 2 Thai chilies, chopped
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- oil for cooking, salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons mushrooms stir fry sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegan fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dark soy sauce (for color)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cucumber & tomato slices, lime wedges & a side of vegan fish sauce
- Let cooked rice cool overnight or in a fridge for at least 30 mins, then fluff with a fork to loosen up the grains.
- In a heated non-stick pan with 1 tablespoon oil, sauté onion until it turns translucent. Then, add in garlic & sauté until fragrant.
- Add red bell pepper, bamboo shoot, tofu, rice & sauce. Cook, by stirring continuously until all rice is coated with sauce. Season accordingly.
- Finally, add in the Thai chilies & turn off the heat. Then, quickly fold in Thai basil leaves & give it a good stir until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Serve warm with a squeeze of lime juice & the garnishes.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!