Teriyaki Tofu Summer Rolls
A healthy, light and low carb Asian inspired dish. Rice Paper Rolls with Teriyaki Baked Tofu, Fresh Veggies and a Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce.
For Teriyaki Tofu:
- 225g / 7oz Extra Firm Tofu, cut into strips
- 3 Tbsp Tamari
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 5 sheets Rice Paper
- 1/2 a Cucumber, cut into strips
- 1 small Carrot, Julienned
- Half an Avocado, cut into strips
- 1 cup Mixed Salad Leaves
- Handful of Cilantro/Coriander, torn into small pieces
For Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce:
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 1/2 tsp Tamari
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Hot Water
- Preheat oven to 175C / 347F and line with non-stick baking paper. In a shallow dish, combine all ingredients for Tofu marinade – Tamari, Sesame Oil,
- Maple Syrup, Garlic, Rice Vinegar and Cornstarch. Whisk to combine.
- Place Tofu slices in the marinade and make sure to cover all sides of the Tofu with the marinade. Leave to sit and soak for 15 minutes or up to an hour if you have time. The longer it sits, the more flavorful the Tofu will be.
- Once marinated, drain Tofu of excess marinade and place Tofu strips on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes, or until Tofu has crisped up.
- Once your Teriyaki Tofu is ready, remove from oven and leave to one side to cool.
- To prepare your Summer Rolls, soften a piece of Rice Paper in warm to hot water until softened.
- Lay a few pieces of Tofu onto the middle of the roll, followed by Cucumber, Carrot, Avocado, Cilantro and Mixed Salad Leaves. Roll, spring roll style and then repeat with remaining sheets of Rice Paper.
- Once all your rolls are prepared, prepare Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce by combining all ingredients in a bowl and whisking till smooth.
- Rice Paper Rolls are best served fresh – I don’t advise refrigerating them for too long as the Rice Paper can go hard in the fridge.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
I definitely prefer animals to most human beings, cos I mean, who wouldn't right? See all recipes by Amrita