Tempeh Salad Sandwich
Tempeh is meaty, hearty and packed with umami flavour!
- 100g/3.5oz of tempeh
- 2 tsp Tamari
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 clove crushed garlic (to taste)
- 3 tsp beetroot dip
- Vegan margarine (optional)
- 1/2 cup of salad greens
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 small carrot, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread (use gluten free bread for GF option)
- Marinate the tempeh with tamari, sesame oil and crushed garlic for a few hours (or overnight for full flavor).
- Then slice in strips and fry in hot skillet until both sides are browned.
- Spread margarine (optional) and beetroot dip on bread and cover with veggies and fried tempeh and enjoy!
LunchKidsGluten FreeSugar Free