Tempeh Salad Sandwich
Tempeh is a nutrient-rich food that's high in protein, vitamins, minerals, fibre, contains beneficial prebiotics but is low in sodium and carbs. It's also quite versatile and the main ingredient in today's tasty lunch.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 5 mins
- 100g/3.5oz tempeh
- 2 tsp Tamari
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed (to taste)
- 3 tsp beetroot dip (store-bought, or use fresh grated beetroot)
- vegan margarine (optional)
- 1/2 cup salad greens
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 small carrot, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 slices wholemeal bread (use gluten free bread for GF option)
- Mix the Tamari sauce, sesame oil and crushed garlic and marinate the tempeh for a few hours (or overnight for full flavour).
- Then slice the tempeh into strips and fry in a hot skillet until both sides are browned.
- Spread the margarine (optional) and beetroot dip on bread (can sub grated beetroot if no dip) and cover with the greens, grated carrot, tomato, cucumber, fried tempeh, add salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!