Tempeh Mixed Salad Sandwich
This sandwich is bursting with freshness from the leafy greens, fresh grated beetroot, carrot, avocado and alfalfa sprouts. Pan fry and season the tempeh as you wish. We used tamari sauce to marinate it first.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 7 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 100g/3.5oz tempeh
- 1/2 Tbsp tamari sauce
- 30g/1oz (a handful) green leafy salad mix
- 50g/1.8oz (1/4 cup) grated fresh beetroot (or sliced from can)
- 50g/1.8oz (1/4 cup) grated carrot
- 25g/0.9oz (3/4 cup) alfalfa sprouts
- 60g/2.1oz avocado (1/3 medium size avo)
- 30g/1oz (1 1/2 Tbsp) hummus
- 2 slices dark rye bread
- Cut the tempeh into 5-7mm (1/4in) thin slices. Place the slices in a shallow bowl and pour the tamari sauce on top to marinate the tempeh.
- Grate the beetroot, carrot and prepare all other ingredients, so they’re ready to assemble.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium-high heat and cook the tempeh – about 5 minutes each side. Remove from heat.
- Assemble the sandwich: Spread half the hummus on one slice of bread and the other half on the second slice. Layer with leafy greens, tempeh, beetroot, carrot, avocado slices, alfalfa then place the second slice on top. Cut in half and enjoy!
Macros – Carb: 48g Fat: 25g Prot: 23g Calories: 509
This recipe is part of the 7-day Endurance meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!