Tempeh, Kale, Quinoa Salad with Lemon Tahini
A perfect salad to boost your nutrient intake during the day.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 7 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 125g/4.4oz (3/4 cup) cooked brown rice & quinoa (e.g. Coles Microwave Quinoa Brown Rice) [or make from scratch with 30g/1oz uncooked brown rice, 20g/0.7oz uncooked quinoa]
- 150g/5.3oz tempeh (a heaped cup, cubed)
- 30ml/1oz (2 Tbsp) Tamari (for GF) or soy sauce
- 150g/5.3oz fresh kale, stems removed & roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 75g/2.6g (1/2 cup) chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 100g/3.5oz cherry tomatoes
- 30g/1oz (2 Tbsp) hulled tahini
- 30ml/1oz (2 Tbsp) lemon juice
- Optional: iodised salt, pepper, or herbs and spices of choice
- Microwave or cook brown rice and quinoa as per packet instructions.
- Cut the tempeh into bite size chunks, place in a shallow bowl and pour the tamari sauce on top to marinate.
- In a non-stick pan on medium heat, add a tablespoon of water. Allow to heat up then add the chopped garlic and kale. Season with some iodised salt if you like. Cook for about 2-3 minutes stirring frequently then add the chickpeas. Continue to stir for another minute or so until the kale has wilted. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan on medium heat, add the tempeh and cook for about 5-7 minutes until browned.
- Make the dressing by thoroughly mixing the lemon juice and tahini, and any extra herbs or spices of your choice. For a more runny consistency, add some cold water to achieve desired result.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients with the tahini dressing and enjoy your meal!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!