An easy throw together lunch bursting with delicious flavours.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 2 mins | Cooking time: 7 mins
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking wholemeal couscous
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas (washed and drained)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- If you have a microwave:
- Place everything in a microwavable dish, cover and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Stir with a fork then let stand for a minute or two before eating.
- If using a stovetop:
- Place the water in a saucepan, drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil in the water (optional), and bring to a boil.
- Quickly add the couscous to the boiled water, stir and immediately turn the heat off. Cover and let sit for 7 minutes or until couscous has completely absorbed the water. Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients, top with fresh herbs of your choice (optional), and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!