Sweet Potato Lentil Soup
"This sweet potato lentil soup is so cozy and nourishing. Red lentils give it plenty of plant-based protein, while sweet potatoes give it a creamy consistency. Curry spices and red chili provide a warming, exotic note." ~ Keri from The Daily Dish
Serves 4 | Prep: 10 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 red chili pepper deseeded and finely diced
- 1 apple peeled cored and diced
- 5 cm (2 in) piece ginger grated
- 680 g (1 1/2 lbs) sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 90 g (1/2 cup) red lentils dry
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 can (400 ml) coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the diced apple, curry powder, chili pepper and ginger. Sauté for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and dice the sweet potatoes. Transfer them to the pot, along with the lentils, vegetable stock and coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper. Put the lid on the pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender (or a food processor), blend to your desired consistency. Garnish with chopped cilantro (coriander) and lime wedges.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Hi! I'm Keri. I'm the recipe developer and photographer behind Daily Dish. I created Daily Dish to celebrate simple, tasty vegan recipes. I have a passion for inspiring eaters of all kinds to embrace a plant based lifestyle that's nourishing for your body and mind and creates a kinder, healthier planet. See all recipes by Keri