Sweet Potato, Kale & Chickpea Salad with Quinoa
Thoroughly enjoyable and nutritious salad loaded with goodness from the sweet potato, chickpeas, kale, brown rice, quinoa, drizzled with a delicious lemon tahini dressing.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 125g/4.4oz (3/4 cup) cooked brown rice & quinoa (e.g. Coles Microwave Quinoa Brown Rice) or make from scratch with 30g uncooked brown rice, 20g uncooked quinoa
- 150g/5.3oz sweet potato (abt 1 1/2 cup, cubed)
- 150g/5.3oz fresh kale (we used Tuscan kale)
- 75g/2.60z (1/2 cup) chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 100g/3.5oz cherry tomatoes (abt 3/4 cup, sliced)
- 30g/1oz (2 Tbsp) hulled tahini
- 30ml/1oz (2 Tbsp) fresh lemon juice
- 15ml/0.5oz (1 Tbsp) cold water
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp iodised salt
- Microwave or cook the brown rice and quinoa as per packet instructions.
- Cut the sweet potato into bite size pieces, rinse and drain the chickpeas, slice the tomatoes, and roughly chop the kale.
- Steam the sweet potato for about 10 minutes, until soft. About 1-2 minutes before turning off heat, add the kale on top of the sweet potato to wilt.
- To make the dressing thoroughly mix the lemon juice with the tahini. Add the mustard, cumin, salt and water and combine well.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients with the tahini dressing and enjoy!
Macros – Carb: 81g Fat: 14g Prot: 23g Calories: 536
This recipe is part of the 7-day Endurance meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
LunchSaladsOtherGluten FreeLow Fat