Sweet Potato Burrito Bowl
Refreshing and filling burrito bowl with sweet potato, avocado bites and vegan mince accompanied by fragrant coriander rice.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins
- 150g/5.3oz sweet potato (abt 1 1/4 cup, cut in chunks)
- 30g/1oz (1/4 cup) TVP (textured vegetable protein)
- 1 1/2 tsp burrito spice mix (e.g. Old El Paso Burrito Spice Mix)
- 5ml/0.2oz (1 tsp) olive oil spray
- 75g/2.6oz uncooked brown rice (just over 1/3 cup)
- 200g/7oz black beans (1 1/4 cup, rinsed & drained)
- 100g/3.5oz avocado (1/2 medium sized avo)
- 100g/3.5oz red capsicum/bell pepper (3/4 cup, chopped)
- 50g/1.8oz corn kernels (1/3 cup, rinsed & drained)
- 20g/0.7oz coriander (1/3 cup, roughly chopped)
- 20g/0.7oz spring onion (1 or 2 stalks)
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Tamari sauce, to taste
- Cook brown rice as per packet instructions.
- Rehydrate the TVP mince with 1/4 cup of boiled water poured over it in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cut the sweet potato and avocado into bite-size chunks, chop the capsicum and coriander and measure out the corn kernels and black beans mix once rinsed and drained from the can.
- Steam/boil the sweet potato for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- While the sweet potato is cooking, heat up oil in a pan then add the rehydrated TVP. Cook for a couple of minutes then add the burrito spice. Mix well. Add half the spring onion and all the black beans, corn and capsicum. Stir and cook for another 7 to 8 minutes. Optional: taste the mix and add any additional seasonings of your choice.
- When the rice is ready, fluff it with a rice paddle and mix half the chopped coriander through it.
- Next, assemble your burrito bowl with sweet potato, rice, bean/mince mix, avocado, top with the remaining fresh coriander, spring onion, a squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of Tamari sauce. Enjoy!
Macros – Carb: 125g Fat: 23g Prot: 40g Calories: 867
This recipe is part of the 7-day Endurance meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!