Sesame Miso Noodle Salad
“This Sesame Miso Noodle Salad contains tons of raw veggies, your favorite noodle, edamame for added protein, and a creamy sauce that is actually good for you. I chose a thin udon noodle for this dish because they are my personal favorite but feel free to go for a gluten free pasta, rice noodles, or even soba noodles. The choice is yours!” ~ Liv
Serves 4-6 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
Sesame Miso Dressing
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Ginger
- 1-2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/3 cup Tahini
- 1/4 cup Water
- 3 Tbsp Miso Paste
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Agave or Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar, or sub white vinegar
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 3 tsp Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil, optional
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 125g/8oz pack of Noodles, I used Udon but feel free to use soba, rice, etc
- 1 cup of Shelled Frozen Edamame, plus 1/2 tsp Oil for cooking
- Half a Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- Half of a Cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups of Green Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups of Red Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, + more for garnish
- 1 cup Carrots, shredded
- 2-3 Tbsp Sesame Seeds, + more for garnish
- Lime Wedges, for serving
- Prepare the dressing by mincing the garlic and ginger.
- Add the ginger and garlic to a medium-sized bowl along with the remaining dressing ingredients.
- Next, whisk until smooth and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook your noodles according to the package. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Add 1/2 tsp of oil to a pan on medium-high heat and add frozen edamame. Cook for a few minutes until no longer frozen and the outside is just slightly starting to brown. Remove from pan and place in a large bowl.
- Thinly slice the red pepper, green cabbage, red cabbage, and cucumber and throw them in the bowl with the edamame.
- Next, chop the cilantro and shred the carrot. Add to the large bowl along with the sesame seeds.
- Toss together the veggies and cooked noodles.
- Pour in the sesame miso dressing.
- Finally, stir the salad until everything is evenly coated in the dressing.
- Divide noodle salad in to serving bowls or Tupperware. Top with sesame seeds, more cilantro, and a lime wedge. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Hi! My name is Liv and I'm the creator of Liv Vegan Strong. I'm 23 years old and currently live in New York City. I went vegan almost 10 years ago and had absolutely no idea what I was doing or where to begin. See all recipes by Liv